Knots Carpet Care
Having decided to buy your Quality Knots carpet, we want you to appreciate the natural attributes of your carpet and prolong the life of your carpet, so have prepared these simple guides to get you started:
- Vacuum often and use mats at all entrances.
- Protect carpet from sunlight by using blinds, shades or other window treatments.
- Use furniture coasters. When vacuuming, move furniture slightly to prevent excessive crushing of the pile.
- Use protective mats under chairs or furniture with rollers.
- Blot up a spill as soon as it occurs.
- Rearranging furniture periodically allows carpet to wear evenly.
- Get your carpet professionally cleaned to keep it fresher, brighter and newer looking longer. Professionals can replace or repair tufts and cigarette burns.
- To protect stain resistance, do not use disinfectants (e.g. Lysol), insecticides, or fungicides (e.g. Sylguard).
- The pH (relative acidity or alkalinity) of the detergent should not be above 10. A very alkaline detergent cleans well, but it can also degrade the stain resistance of the carpet.
- Aerosol foam cleaners and rotary brushes are not recommended.
- To guarantee a long lasting life and a neat look to your new flooring, be sure to clean stains and spills rapidly.
- Knots Carpet has created this section to help you find the best cleaning treatment for your carpet.